What we hear from leading investors:
- Singapore is now a focus again
- When interest rates stay at 0%, investors are theoretically willing to pay anything for assets
- Do you have anything going in Europe? Recent elections haven’t ended that badly
- Short-term debt sounds perfect
What we see from leading investors:
- Replacing banks and demanding, even more, security for senior lending positions
- Still, investing in Hong Kong
- Lots of window shopping and wheels spinning trying to buy the same assets everyone wants
Our Long/Short Pick:
We are LONG Sydney/Melbourne office developments. Everyone has been focusing on residential for the past few years as the market has been red hot, so….office space is now undersupplied in key locations and local councils showing a willingness to get approvals through for commercial developments to feed the demand.
Recently Funded Deal:
Relevant Real Estate News:
Wonder if any foreigners would take this offer up in reverse ???
Relevant Real Estate Data:
Real Estate is the biggest industry on the planet and the slowest to move into technology, the tides are starting to turn.
We believe “displaced” isn’t necessarily negative, there is the potential for more jobs to be created within these industries as a byproduct or spinoff of the tech developments taking place, but still, we wouldn’t want to be a trader these days…
So the GBP at multi-decade low’s against the USD and other currencies, and London sellers reducing prices at record levels = opportunity…..
Recent Deal Flow:
- New York Commercial Developemt-18% IRR
- Boston Hotel Value-Add Investment- 20% IRR
- Phoenix Multi-family Residential Repositioning – 22.6% IRR
- Sydney Commerical Debt – 8.5% IRR
InvestaCrowd Investor Night
Last week, we joined some intelligent investors and gave them the download on key investment markets. There is still lots of capital looking for good opportunities.
New and better real estate investing models coming online, check this one out: