“Successful investing is about managing risk, not avoiding it.” Benjamin Graham a favourite of the Oracle of Omaha.
This Edition Nov 2016:
- Mezzanine Debt – Investment terms simplified
- Recent success
- Directors Cut
- Our other video of the week
- Millenial Home Ownership going South
In real estate, mezzanine debt is any subordinated debt instrument that represents a claim on a company’s assets which is senior only to that of equity shares and ranks behind senior debt in terms of who gets paid back their investment first.
The higher cost of capital associated with mezzanine financings is the result of its being a subordinated (or junior) obligation in a company’s capital structure (i.e., in the event of default, the mezzanine financing is only repaid after all senior obligations have been satisfied). In compensation for the increased risk, mezzanine debt holders require a higher return for their investment than secured or more senior lenders.
Conference/event season is in full swing, and we have been all over it:
- Emerging Trends in Real Estate 2017 Singapore Launch at the Fullerton Hotel Nov 21st
- InvestaCrowd yearly Deal Recap w/pinot’s, Singapore, Boat Quay, 6pm, Dec 1st
- Partner and company end of year parties x 20
We pulled together useful reports from the banking, taxation and regulation world (you’rewelcome), if you would like to get your copy reach out to the team
- Assessment of Credit Risk in China Property Market CBRE
- Emerging Trends in Real Estate APAC 2016 ULI/PWC
- EY Global ETF Survey 2016
Here is a Mckinsey trending report and we appreciate that “crowdfunding” has been put in thewealth management category, Damn straight! Mckinsey gets it.
- InvestaCrowd now has 235+ real estate companies , 425+ HNW, family offices and real estate funds and 1500+ accredited investors registered and using our platform.
“Nice video, but you need to change your jacket”
We get some really interesting comments from our investor community about our blogs and videos, so we are going to list the best each month right here:Jozepi Vin Beck. Well in response Jozepi please check this video out below
We believe in Climate Change and everyone is responsible to make big changes to how they live.
Real estate crowdfunding is purpose built for the new wave of Millenials who struggle to afford any real estate investment project.
“You guys have some of the best deal flow that I see, and we see a lot of deals” Anthony R. (family office)
Thank you Anthony, much appreciated, the team works day and night to find the right product for our investor community.
Te Urewera national park , New Zealand, has been granted legal personhood, meaning nobody owns it. The park has the same rights and powers as a citizen. The ruling could set a new precedent for land rights and conservation around the world.